The 3rd World Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) Congress 2023 (WNCD 2023) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data you provide for registration for the Congress. The following statements describe how your data will be used, what it will be used for, and how long it will be stored for. You are thereby fully informed prior to you submitting your personal information and giving your consent to WNCD 2023 to create an account, register and/or make a purchase.
Please contact WNCD 2023’s Congress Management Office if you have any concerns and/or if you have any questions regarding your data privacy.
Why are we processing your personal data?
When you visit WNCD 2023’s website, we only collect your personal information when it is explicitly requested – you complete the registration for the event, make a purchase, and/or sign up to receive the WNCD 2023’s e-newsletter and other communications from WNCD 2023.
Who will have access to your data?
Your data will be shared, in a safe and secure manner, with other organizations and third parties associated with WNCD 2023 Congress management, registration and/or services for which you have registered. This is in order to complete activities such as processing your registration and payment, as well as to communicate with you about these activities, WNCD 2023’s work, and other information related to the Congress.
Organizations that may have access to your data include the following:
- Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc., as the Congress Management Office, for the purposes of event registration and participation, requested services, and other related communications
- Congress hotels for the purpose of booking your hotel room and managing that booking
- Fellow event participants, including sponsors and exhibitors, through participant lists and/or event Apps and other devices, for the purposes of connecting and communicating prior, during and post Congress
- Other service providers, such as hosting, software maintenance, credit card processing, e-newsletter tools, registration software, and journal distributors. These service providers may be supplied with or have access to the information you provide through WNCD 2023’s website, but only for the purpose of providing these services to WNCD 2023 or on WNCD 2023’s behalf. These service providers are obligated to keep confidential the information you provide through WNCD 2023’s website.
WNCD 2023 does not sell, rent or exchange our, event registrants’ and other stakeholders’ contact details.
How will my data be collected and stored?
Personal data will be collected safely and securely and may be stored and processed in Canada. Adequate security measures have been taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access as much as it is feasible.
At any time, you may:
- Ask what personal data we hold about you and how that data is used
- Ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data we hold about you or ask us to delete your personal data
- Opt out of any marketing or other communications that we or our third-party suppliers may send to you – if you select “opt-out” of WNCD 2023 email communication, then you will not receive any communication from WNCD 2023
- Have the right to withdraw your consent for WNCD 2023 to use your personal data
How long will we store your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, WNCD 2023 will keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In the event of a data security breach, WNCD 2023 will notify you within 72 hours of discovering the breach.
Cookies and Log Files
Our website also uses log files to track site usage and trends. When you visit our website, we automatically retain certain information that your computer sends to us, such as the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave WNCD 2023, your IP address, and the type of web browser you are using. We use this information to analyze usage of our website and to improve the user experience. This information does not identify you personally.
If there is a discrepancy between the information located on this website and paper-based information, the paper-based information shall take precedence.